Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length.
(Forgot your password?)

All else. > Arts + sciences. > Webcomics.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Hmpf
Hungry?
View profile
Posted on Dec 11 2011, 08:54 AM.
You know, I'd love for Hussie to sell something like a DVD version of Homestuck... I'd totally buy that.

Aaaaaanyway. Do you also sometimes find it slightly ominous how Jade talks in the colour most closely associated with Lord English...? (Not to mention her grandson's last name.)

Though, really, as I'm still only on my second read, I still need a lot more time to process everything, so I tend not to speculate about anything. It feels like I'm still missing too many pieces of the puzzle. 
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Dec 11 2011, 09:22 AM.
I'd love a DVD version. Proper high-quality versions of the flashes? Oh man.

I'm not too worried about Jade, but oh poor Jake. That poor poor love. I mean, first it was like "Oh hey his surname is English and he likes skulls!" And then "he has The Incredible Hulk comics and really wants to time travel!". And then there was this panel and it's like OKAY HUSSIE WE GET IT ALREADY.

I can't help but think something horrible is going to happen to him, frankly. Sad But then, it's almost so obvious that maybe it's a red herring?
« Last edit: Dec 11 2011, 09:45 AM by beautiful trouble » Logged
this article does not so much have an issue of neutrality as lack of actual factual information.
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Dec 11 2011, 09:24 AM.
Also, what the hell is up with Jake's dreamself being dead already? As well as, you know, JANE BLOWING UP WHAT THE FUCK. Wtf.
this article does not so much have an issue of neutrality as lack of actual factual information.
Hmpf
Hungry?
View profile
Posted on Dec 11 2011, 09:58 AM.
INORITE?!?

Actually, I've sort of postponed any kind of reaction to all that, for now, becaues I may have missed Something Important earlier on. And also, Hussie.

Anything might happen.
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Dec 11 2011, 10:06 AM.
Yeah. I can't help but speculate... I'm kind of hoping the bunny Bro made for Jane saved her somehow. But then, it's looking likely that she's going to be the Maid of Life, and who else was a Maid? Aradia. Maybe Maids enter the session dead as standard. Or maybe she'll end up prototyped, like Nannasprite.

But yes it'll probably be something completely unexpected and impossible to guess because Hussie. Roll Eyes LOL.
Hmpf
Hungry?
View profile
Posted on Dec 11 2011, 11:01 AM.
Oh, hey, btw. I've just reached the first of the 'proper' flash games in my reread - is there usually a kind of 'real ending' to those? Well, with the first one I actually found one - the bit where you see the quest bed in the distance. But some of the later ones just seemed to have no end at all - you could essentially walk around forever without reaching anything like a conclusion. Or did I miss something?
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Dec 11 2011, 12:39 PM.
Ummmm is that the one where John's walking around LOWAS? I don't thiiiink there's a proper ending to it, but I haven't been back over it lately.

ETA: oh wait yeah you just said about the quest bed. Silly me Conventional LOL.

Seer: Descend, Kanaya: Return to the Core and Equius: Seek the Highblood all have conclusions from what I remember, though those conclusions don't necessarily actually end the flash, you have to move on manually. I don't remember if Past Karkat: Wake Up does.
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Dec 13 2011, 07:04 AM.
THE LATEST UPDATE ABOUT PM AND BEC NOIR LOL. LOL. LOL.

There's already a post going around on Tumblr with suggestions for his failed chat-up lines LOL.

wait wait shut the fuck up i got this

ok ok

you can handle my package any day

shit that didnt come out right

are you a mailwoman

because i want to show you my penis

godDAMNIT

BABY I HAVE A HOT LETTER FOR YOU TO CARRY

TO… SOMEONE ELSE’S MAILBOX…..

SHIT FUCK

Noir/Slick's villainous one-liner block is already hilarious but put that with PM hating him and I'm DYING.
Hmpf
Hungry?
View profile
Posted on Dec 15 2011, 07:09 PM.
LOL @ PM/BN

Opposite-of-LOL @ Sollux.
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Dec 20 2011, 08:25 PM.
Oooh, I just started reading this: http://www.monster-pulse.com

It's really cool! I love the concept. And I'm a sucker for monsters.
Jane WTO #745
Motheaten?
the fluff is detachable

View profile
Posted on Dec 22 2011, 02:00 AM.
I just discovered Hijinks Ensue and I don't know how it took me this long. Thom.
blame it on the black star
blame it on the falling sky
blame it on Chris Martin, the NME, Ed, The Couch, cats, Plank, Carolyn, and the satellite that beams me home.

I DON'T TRUST ED. He's the Joe Biden of Radiohead. ~ Kay
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Jan 25 2012, 06:25 PM.
I just read Ruby Quest: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Roleplay/RubyQuest?from=Main.RubyQuest

It was actually run as a game on 4chan (and if you choose to read it in the archived threads, expect... 4chan-ness) so while the author set the scene and puzzles the directions the characters take throughout were completely audience guided. It's a horror story first and foremost, so bear that in mind - for something that looks like it's drawn in MS Paint it manages to be pretty scary.

Man if I could go back to studying I'd love to write a paper on storytelling through different media, especially those with interactive elements.
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 04:50 PM.
Hey Mel2! Talk Gunnerkrigg with me. Shifty.
radioconvert
Motheaten?
You mean you wish you -were- a lesbian.

View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 04:51 PM.
Yes we should do that!

KAT IS STARTING TO RECOGNIZE HAVING FEELINGS ZOMG.
TC: sEe MaN, i Am StRaIgHt Up TeLlInG yOu.
TC: MiRaClEs.
TC: iT's LiKe, AlRiGhT, cOmPuTeRs, RiGhT?
TC: WhAt ThE fUcK?
TC: mIrAcLeS iS wHaT.
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 04:52 PM.
 Shifty. Shifty. Shifty.!

Are you all caught up now? Also can we talk about the utter perfect that is Zimmy and Gamma?
radioconvert
Motheaten?

View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 04:54 PM.
I am!  And yes yes yes, those two. Wub.  I'm curious as to whether we're ever going to find out what, precisely, Zimmy is/what her deal is.  And why Gamma being around helps.  And whether or not they're an official couple because really they need to be. Jonny.
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 05:05 PM.
I think they're pretty much official. Wub. Wub. Wub. I love how much they need each other. And yeah I do wonder if we'll ever know what exactly Zimmy's deal is, and why the rain helps her.

UGH this comic! I read lots of it a good while back and then dropped the ball with it for quite a while, and then just re-caught up with it very recently. I love how there's this push/pull between nature and technology and how neither side is perfect.

Also I have way too many Reynardine feels. Oh no. Jonny. And Ysengrin too! When Coyote make Annie see his poor withered real body Sad
radioconvert
Motheaten?

View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 05:09 PM.
Oh god, every time we see Reynardine in his fox form I just . . . just . . . Cry

REYNARD COME HERE LET ME SNUGGLE YOU UNTIL YOU FEEL BETTER.

Also, Ysengrin.  My feels for him, oh god.

(Slightly off-subject, but I forget--have we ever discussed Yu+Me: Dream?  My feels about this comic are very similar to my feels about that one.)
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 05:11 PM.
Yesss I just edited to add my Ysengrin feels! Ahh babbies Cry

And I've not read that one! Woah! I take it you recommend it?
radioconvert
Motheaten?

View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 05:18 PM.
Oh my god it's SO GOOD, Laura.  It's really, massively, incredibly weird and convoluted as well, but if you can follow along with Gunnerkrigg Court you should be fine. Conventional LOL.  I don't even know how else to describe it, really, except to say that it takes place in both the real world and dream world and is a lovely, heartbreaking, wonderful love story.

ETA: Ah, here we go.  The website describes it as a "surreal lesbian romance adventure webcomic". Conventional LOL.  http://rosalarian.com/yume/
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 05:20 PM.
Dude, I read Homestuck - I can definitely do really, massively, incredibly weird and convoluted. LOL. It sounds cool, I'll have to check it out! Link? Wub.

ETA: Ah, too slow LOL. thanks!
radioconvert
Motheaten?

View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 05:21 PM.
I think you were posting that even as I edited to include the link. Conventional LOL.  Along with a helpful description. Stanley.
Sisi BakBak
Motheaten?
formerly ondioline

View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 08:48 PM.
Oh my god it's SO GOOD, Laura.  It's really, massively, incredibly weird and convoluted as well, but if you can follow along with Gunnerkrigg Court you should be fine. Conventional LOL.  I don't even know how else to describe it, really, except to say that it takes place in both the real world and dream world and is a lovely, heartbreaking, wonderful love story.

ETA: Ah, here we go.  The website describes it as a "surreal lesbian romance adventure webcomic". Conventional LOL.  http://rosalarian.com/yume/

Oops, I read it all. Jonny.

I found it kind of annoying and... sort of childish at first, i was really glad when the story broke down into that other thing. I liked it at the end, but it took me a while. The notes at the bottom were kind of annoying, but I managed to filter them out. Thanks for the recommendation, even if it wasn't exactly for me Tongue Next up: Gunnerkrigg. Stanley.
"...long before your parents squirted water at each other from across the clown car and then honked their bicycle horns to indicate they really wanted to make a smug, insufferable little clown baby together."
radioconvert
Motheaten?

View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 09:13 PM.
Yeah, it starts out as a very straightforward, slice-of-teenage-life sort of deal, and then takes a hard left turn into crazy. Conventional LOL.  That's sort of why I love it.  I have a bit of a soft spot for stories that end up in a completely different place than you expected.
Jane WTO #745
Motheaten?
the fluff is detachable

View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 09:36 PM.
What is this Gunnerkrigg thing?
blame it on the black star
blame it on the falling sky
blame it on Chris Martin, the NME, Ed, The Couch, cats, Plank, Carolyn, and the satellite that beams me home.

I DON'T TRUST ED. He's the Joe Biden of Radiohead. ~ Kay
radioconvert
Motheaten?

View profile
Posted on Apr 11 2012, 09:51 PM.
A thoroughly delightful and entirely bizarre webcomic about a boarding school and fairies and technology and magic and robots and mythological creatures. Stanley.

You should read it.
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Apr 12 2012, 03:49 AM.
Yeah it's really good! http://www.gunnerkrigg.com  Hap-py!
Sisi BakBak
Motheaten?
formerly ondioline

View profile
Posted on Apr 12 2012, 07:01 AM.
Oh my god the shadow I can't Wub. Wub. Wub. Wub. Wub.
"...long before your parents squirted water at each other from across the clown car and then honked their bicycle horns to indicate they really wanted to make a smug, insufferable little clown baby together."
Sisi BakBak
Motheaten?
formerly ondioline

View profile
Posted on Apr 12 2012, 07:09 AM.
A time share on the labyrinth LOL. LOL. LOL. LOL. LOL. LOL. LOL. LOL.
Sisi BakBak
Motheaten?
formerly ondioline

View profile
Posted on Apr 12 2012, 07:39 AM.
Mort is so cuuuuuute Wub.
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Apr 12 2012, 08:52 AM.
Mort! Wub. He's awesome.

And yeah, Basil! LOL.
Sisi BakBak
Motheaten?
formerly ondioline

View profile
Posted on Apr 12 2012, 11:50 AM.
Shadow and robot I CAN'T Cry Wub.
Sisi BakBak
Motheaten?
formerly ondioline

View profile
Posted on Apr 12 2012, 11:52 AM.
I just started peeling one day LOL. LOL. LOL.
Sisi BakBak
Motheaten?
formerly ondioline

View profile
Posted on Apr 12 2012, 12:03 PM.
Damn, I've caught up Eh.
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Apr 12 2012, 12:22 PM.
OTP right? Wub.
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Apr 12 2012, 12:22 PM.
Also I've made your Homestuck cheatsheets THIS WAS DEFINITELY A GOOD USE OF MY TIME TODAY!
Sisi BakBak
Motheaten?
formerly ondioline

View profile
Posted on Apr 12 2012, 12:26 PM.

radioconvert
Motheaten?

View profile
Posted on Apr 12 2012, 02:11 PM.
OTP right? Wub.

Yes yes yes yes this forever yes. Wub.
beautiful trouble
Motheaten?
View profile
Posted on Apr 26 2012, 12:18 AM.
Casually bumps because

a) Gunnerkrigg's new chapter is a Gamma and Zimmy one OH NO FEELINGS

b) MEL LET ME TALK TO YOU ABOUT HOMESTUCK. You're at act 4 already? Cool !
radioconvert
Motheaten?

View profile
Posted on Apr 26 2012, 01:05 AM.
ALL YOUR FAULT.

I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT.

Also, I'm ridiculously pleased that the Mayor is finally getting to eat his food? Conventional LOL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to