Offline Mugatu

• View Profile
Sushi = SEX
« on: Aug 02 2007, 09:08 PM »
SUSHI.

SUSHI IS SEX.

YOU EAT SUSHI WITH THIS:

AND WITH THIS:

EATING SUSHI WITH SOMEONE YOU HAVE THE HOTS FOR GREATLY INCREASES YOUR CHANCE OF SCORING:

SUSHI COMES IN LOTS OF DIFFERENT VARIETIES, SUCH AS...

NIGIRI:

SASHIMI:

ROLLS:

SUSHI IS THE GREATEST FOOD IN THE HISTORY OF CREATION.  I HAD SOME FOR LUNCH TODAY.  IT WAS AWESOME.   CELEBRATE SUSHI IN THIS THREAD!!

"Tamika has taken to wearing the detached hand of a librarian around her neck as a warning to any who would dare face her that she has already defeated the most fearsome creature imaginable.

Offline still waters bo peep

• it's all wrong, it's all right
  • freak monkeys with mediocre tunes
    • View Profile
Re: Sushi = SEX
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02 2007, 09:28 PM »
well done mugs.  :D

sushi rules.
CAPS LOCK IS HOW I FEEL INSIDE RICK

ALL THE TIME

Offline lorca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02 2007, 09:35 PM »
I had organic sushi for dinner tonight. :stanley:

it was good. :D

SUSHI!!!!!

Offline Madam Curie

• Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 02 2007, 10:28 PM »
Despite the fact that the instant raw fish touches the inside of my mouth I gag violently, I otherwise adore the sushi experience.  Thank god there are a few cooked ones, plus all the vegetarian varieties.

Dragon roll and sake.   :wub:

Offline kabix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 02 2007, 11:33 PM »
SUSHI.

SUSHI IS SEX.

EATING SUSHI WITH SOMEONE YOU HAVE THE HOTS FOR GREATLY INCREASES YOUR CHANCE OF SCORING:

ROLLS:

mugatu sushi... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  morgan makes it exponentially sexier! :jonny:

BlackEyed

« Reply #5 on: Aug 03 2007, 02:58 PM »
I've been learning Japanese cuisine for the past year or so, and I make sushi for my boyfriend and his familly every once in a while. They love me for it ^_^

I like making it with just cream cheese,avocado, cucumber and carrots. Sometimes I put crab meat but not often.

I've mastered rolls and the "inside outside rolls" as well. I should try to make onigiri.
« Reply #6 on: Aug 03 2007, 03:53 PM »
SUSHI OMG

Just looking at those photos makes me crave it.

There's a place in Leeds called SiSushi and I go there whenever I can afford it. Vegetable futo-maki omg so tasty :wacko:
« Last Edit: Aug 03 2007, 04:36 PM by beautifultrouble »
this article does not so much have an issue of neutrality as lack of actual factual information.

Offline helsabot

• turn your lights down (where applicable)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03 2007, 06:28 PM »
I wish I liked sushi, 'cause all the cool kids like sushi.  :( I keep trying to like it, but it doesn't happen for me.  :( WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.  :(
« Reply #8 on: Aug 03 2007, 06:34 PM »
I wish I liked sushi, 'cause all the cool kids like sushi.  :( I keep trying to like it, but it doesn't happen for me.  :( WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.  :(

Bad sushi? Getting it from the right place can make all the difference in the world.
But when you come everything changes. The cups and saucers changed when you came in this morning. There can be no doubt, I thought, pushing aside the newspaper, that our mean lives, unsightly as they are, put on splendour and have meaning only under the eyes of love.

Offline Mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 03 2007, 07:13 PM »

What kind of sushi have you tried?  I had to start with the veggie stuff and cooked food like crunch rolls before working myself up to eagerly cramming raw flesh in my mouth.  The raw stuff can be overwhelming at first.

And veggie futomaki fucking rawks.  I want to learn how to make it.  Rolling sushi can't be that hard, can it?
"Tamika has taken to wearing the detached hand of a librarian around her neck as a warning to any who would dare face her that she has already defeated the most fearsome creature imaginable.

Offline Mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 03 2007, 07:18 PM »

In other news, I'd pay absurd amounts of money to be able to eat sushi off of Jonny in this fashion.  :phil: :censor:

Offline helsabot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 03 2007, 07:20 PM »

What kind of sushi have you tried?  I had to start with the veggie stuff and cooked food like crunch rolls before working myself up to eagerly cramming raw flesh in my mouth.  The raw stuff can be overwhelming at first.

I really have no idea.  :thom: Uh...some sort of...raw...summat-or-other. And California rolls? I've tried those. The problem is that I don't really like seafood.  :phil: Or any meat, really.  :phil: Where do I get vegetarian sushi?  :thom:

Offline helsabot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 03 2007, 07:21 PM »

In other news, I'd pay absurd amounts of money to be able to eat sushi off of Jonny in this fashion.  :phil: :censor:

I would too.  :phil: Never mind that I don't even like the stuff.  :phil:

Offline Mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 03 2007, 07:32 PM »

I really have no idea.  :thom: Uh...some sort of...raw...summat-or-other. And California rolls? I've tried those. The problem is that I don't really like seafood.  :phil: Or any meat, really.  :phil: Where do I get vegetarian sushi?  :thom:

Most sushi places have a vegetarian menu, or vegetarian options.  :erm:  Well, if you don't like seafood at all I can see why sushi would be a problem.  I'd recommend eating something like eel or maybe tuna that has less of that whole 'fishy taste'.   

Here's futomaki, which most restaurants offer as a vegetarian roll.  Sushi for me is mainly about the way raw fish tastes, but vegetarian sushi is also delicious (and usually cheaper).  But almost as important to me as the fish is the experience of eating it--it's a very 'artistic' food for lack of a better word; it's great to eat with friends because it encourages you to share your food and sample new things; and it encourages you to take your time and appreciate your food instead of just cramming it in your mouth.

Offline helsabot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Aug 03 2007, 07:40 PM »
You just made me really hungry.  :phil: I think I'd like vegetarian sushi...hmmmm...now I need to find a sushi place somewhere around here...

Offline Mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Aug 03 2007, 07:47 PM »
You just made me really hungry.  :phil: I think I'd like vegetarian sushi...hmmmm...now I need to find a sushi place somewhere around here...

I feel like a sushi evangelist!  :P  Cream cheese is weirdly a great ingredient for any kind of sushi, but especially vegetarian stuff. 

Get it with a nice miso soup and some sushi rice!  :phil:  I crave miso almost as much as the sushi itself, sometimes.

Where's Melissa?  She can offer even more sushi tips.  :stanley:

Offline Madam Curie

• Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Aug 03 2007, 08:49 PM »

I would too.  :phil: Never mind that I don't even like the stuff.  :phil:

And I'd pay to watch you do it.

Provided there's no screaming.

Although wet, sucking and slurping sounds would be just fine.

Offline lorca

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Aug 03 2007, 10:27 PM »

Most sushi places have a vegetarian menu, or vegetarian options.  :erm:  Well, if you don't like seafood at all I can see why sushi would be a problem.  I'd recommend eating something like eel or maybe tuna that has less of that whole 'fishy taste'.   

Here's futomaki, which most restaurants offer as a vegetarian roll.  Sushi for me is mainly about the way raw fish tastes, but vegetarian sushi is also delicious (and usually cheaper).  But almost as important to me as the fish is the experience of eating it--it's a very 'artistic' food for lack of a better word; it's great to eat with friends because it encourages you to share your food and sample new things; and it encourages you to take your time and appreciate your food instead of just cramming it in your mouth.

I still cram it in my mouth. :erm:

and I'm still addicted to the crunch rolls.  I'm a crunch roll girl all the way.

Offline Scottish Dude

• Beaver rescue falls short
    • View Profile

Offline lorca

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Aug 03 2007, 11:02 PM »

:lol: :jonny: :lol:

sorry. [/childish]

continue.

GO AWAY GRANT!!! :lol: :lol:

(I played right into your hands on that one, didn't I :colin:)  bastard. :P

Offline Mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Aug 03 2007, 11:09 PM »

sorry. [/childish]

continue.

Blasphemy, halah!  Sushi (especially nigiri) is meant to slowly slide down one's throat as you run your tongue over every inch of it.

Offline lorca

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Aug 03 2007, 11:13 PM »

sorry. [/childish]

continue.

Blasphemy, halah!  Sushi (especially nigiri) is meant to slowly slide down one's throat as you run your tongue over every inch of it.

will you show me in excruciating detail next time we're together? :phil: 

:jonny:

Offline Mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 03 2007, 11:16 PM »

sorry. [/childish]

continue.

:jonny:  Do you even have to ask?

'next time we're together' should be soon, methinks.  :stanley:

Offline kabix

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Aug 03 2007, 11:21 PM »

sorry. [/childish]

continue.

i quite remember sitting around a table in awed reverence as we watched morgan *tongue* her sushi.  :phil:  :jonny:

Offline Mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Aug 03 2007, 11:22 PM »

sorry. [/childish]

continue.

i quite remember sitting around a table in awed reverence as we watched morgan *tongue* her sushi.  :phil:  :jonny:

Isn't there photographic evidence of that somewheres?

Offline lorca

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Aug 03 2007, 11:23 PM »

sorry. [/childish]

continue.

Isn't there photographic evidence of that somewheres?

ask hollie in the morning.  unless kabee has a copy? :jonny:

Offline kabix

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 03 2007, 11:29 PM »
oh, i have it.  and it is fucking SEX.   :jonny: :censor:

Offline lorca

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Aug 04 2007, 01:08 AM »
well, let's have it. :jonny:

I am craving sushi right now. :censor:

Offline kabix

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Aug 04 2007, 01:28 AM »
first rule of sushi club - never post a picture of someone taking sushi down the throat without permission. 

second rule of sushi club - ya, that.

so morgan, you ready to unleash the sexy upon the masses or what??? :censor:

Offline Onze

• much love indeed
    • View Profile
    • LastFM
« Reply #29 on: Aug 05 2007, 12:15 PM »
so morgan, you ready to unleash the sexy upon the masses or what??? :censor:

i second this motion.

in sushi news Mr. Onze bought me some grocery made sushi the other day!  :wtf: i mean thats the equivalent of him buying liquor for me really. its the thought that counts.  :wub:. my girls love sushi and they ate up an entire container.  :lol: i need to get out for some fresh sushi soon.
"OHMYGOD get on the internet RIGHT NOW!" voicemail from Clov 9/30
Crakd's BIGGEST fan & full time editor.
eleven11/onze

Offline passion

• not what you ought to
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Aug 06 2007, 06:23 PM »
I haven't had sushi for more than a month. :erm: I go right for the raw stuff when I have it. :stanley:

Offline Mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Aug 06 2007, 06:51 PM »
I have to go to court tomorrow for a speeding ticket.  I shall console myself afterwards with sushi!  Then, I will have none until August 23, my last day of class.

I have spoken!   :mugatu:

BlackEyed

« Reply #32 on: Aug 06 2007, 10:20 PM »
I want to learn how to make it.  Rolling sushi can't be that hard, can it?
Its all about getting the rice right, once you get the rice down right the rest is easy.
And here's a little tip. Do NOT use cling film over the bamboo mat, that's messy and it makes everything more complicated.

Offline shwin_rainbows

• square pegs in round holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Aug 08 2007, 10:50 PM »
I'm not too well-versed in how to eat sushi properly, though I usually end up enjoying whatever I get anyway. I'm down with the rawness generally...I go vegetarian with most other things, but with sushi I feel like I'm not getting the full experience unless I'm having fish. So, what kinds of sushi are best, and how should I have them? Mugatu-san, school me in your ways!
« Last Edit: Aug 08 2007, 11:07 PM by paranoid hominid »

Offline Mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Aug 08 2007, 11:22 PM »
I agree; I wouldn't enjoy sushi as much if it weren't for the raw stuff.  It's sooooo good.  :wacko:

:erm:  I don't know what the right way to eat sushi is, I just know what *I* like.  And that's basically any form of tuna or salmon--right now I'm going through a nigiri kick, which is just the raw fish on sushi rice.  But you might think that's bland (I did, at first) so go with some rolls, my favorites are spicy tuna or dragon rolls.  A good way to experiment is to get a sampler or chef's choice plate, most places I've been to have them.

:erm:  I'm actually not very knowledgeable about sushi, I just love eating it!  :lol:

Offline kabix

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Aug 12 2007, 09:34 PM »
went to a japanese steakhouse for a bday/going away party the other night with the sexy boys and girls i know in my life and we had fantastic rolls!!!  they were... awesome!!  er, and um... FANTASTIC!!!

[/cameraphone :erm: ]

Offline lorca

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Aug 17 2007, 09:34 PM »
ZOMG, those rolls are so crunchy looking. :drool:

Offline Mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Aug 23 2007, 04:41 PM »
Had sushi for lunch today, and it cheered me immensely.  I think the place I go to puts crack in their miso, I could eat a vat of it and beg for more.

Offline Onze

• much love indeed
    • View Profile
    • LastFM
« Reply #38 on: Aug 24 2007, 12:21 AM »
i had sushi today for lunch as well. it was very tasty eel rolls! Yum!
"OHMYGOD get on the internet RIGHT NOW!" voicemail from Clov 9/30
Crakd's BIGGEST fan & full time editor.
eleven11/onze

Offline lorca

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Aug 24 2007, 10:23 AM »
I had sushi for lunch and dinner.  then I ate kabix's leftover sushi for lunch the next day.  and I might go back to the organic grocery store later and get a fresh roll for lunch today. :erm: